Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2 Pink Lines.....

My story actually begins way back in 2007 - at my 6 week check up following the birth of my second little girl. The result of a routine pap smear sent my life spiralling out of control as I had to have an immediate cone biopsy, then a subsequent D&C following complications. Our dream of a third child was slowly slipping away and mentally this was a hard realisation for someone like me who thought she had her whole family planning schedule mapped out. We always said we wanted three kids and dammit, why can't we?

I will go into more details about the timeline from that dark period to the present day in a later post. For now, however I want to begin my blog with my wonderful news......yes, I am FINALLY pregnant!

It is November 2009 and I did the test on my birthday and to my joy there were two pink lines staring back at me after a long, painful, emotional 2 year journey to get to this point. For my first few posts I want to share with you a little bit of the back story from August 2009, which is the month we began our experience with IVF...

No comments:

Post a Comment