Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Halloween!

My mother suggested I try the temperature method to try and fall pregnant, as this is how she worked it out for my sister and I. I scoffed at first but then thought, why not, I have nothing to lose. As I explained earlier, I was told it was "highly unlikely" I would fall pregnant naturally due to the presence of the scar tissue in the way, and since I wasn't on the pill, cest la vie!

It was Halloween morning and roughly when I thought I was ovulating so after taking my temperature, I noticed the spike. Show time! As luck would have it, we were catching up with friends for dinner and my parents were having the kids so we had the night to ourselves. Maybe, I thought to myself. Having said that, I didn't obsess about it, didn't even tell hubby, and just enjoyed the company, good food, good wine and especially the one-on-one time with my hubby for a change. It had been a busy week and hubby and I had not had much "us" time so this one night was our one chance to make it happen. It was nice to not have to get up to little hands in our faces the next morning but once we got them back at lunchtime, it was back to the busy routine and no more "us" time but more mummy & daddy time again for the week. That said, that one time had better count ha ha! Who could ever have predicted what would happen next....

No comments:

Post a Comment